October 20, 2016
Faculty Member: Hon. Michele F. Lowrance (Ret.), Family Law Mediator and Attorney
Facilitator: Dan Couvrette, CEO and Publisher of Divorce Magazine, Family Lawyer Magazine, and DivorcedMoms.com
While couples who are involved in a high-conflict divorce may think going to court is the only option, it is possible to achieve resolutions by going through mediation. Michele Lowrance, an attorney and mediator, discusses why it can be possible to mediator high-conflict divorce cases and potential issues that may arise.
This session will discuss:
- what creates high-conflict in divorce
- how a mediator can help people not get stuck in the past when going through a divorce
- whether or not it's possible to mediate a high-conflict divorce
- the method used to deal with high-conflict couples
- what a mediator does when parties reach an impasse
- how to negotiate or mediate with a narcissistic or borderline spouse
- whether a couple can go through mediation when one or both parties already has an attorney.